Angel Wings Recipe
I knew I'd hit a winner with these crisp roll-ups when my sister first sampled them. After one taste, she was so impressed she asked me to bake her wedding cake!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. YIELD:21 servings
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- Colored sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the sour cream. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times or until mixture holds together. Shape into four balls; flatten slightly. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Unwrap one ball. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar on waxed paper; coat all sides of ball with sugar. Roll into a 12-in. x 5-in. rectangle between two sheets of waxed paper. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle dough with 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Lightly mark a line down the center of the dough, making two 6-in. x 5-in. rectangles.
- 3. Starting with a short side, roll up jelly-roll style to the center mark; peel waxed paper away while rolling. Repeat with other short side. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze for 30 minutes. Repeat three times.
- 4. Place remaining sugar or place colored sugar if desired on waxed paper. Unwrap one roll. Cut into 1/2-in. slices; dip each side into sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Turn cookies; bake 5-8 minutes longer. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 144 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC