Angel Toffee Dessert Recipe
Although this dessert has a light and airy texture, the flavor is undeniably rich. Purchase a prepared angel food cake or, if time allows, bake one from scratch or a boxed mix.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Arrange cake cubes in an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- 2. Set aside 1 tablespoon of toffee bits; sprinkle remaining toffee bits over chocolate. Spread cream cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cover and chill until serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 350 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC