Angel Toffee Dessert Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Arrange cake cubes in an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- 2. Set aside 1 tablespoon of toffee bits; sprinkle remaining toffee bits over chocolate. Spread cream cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cover and chill until serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 350 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Angel Toffee Dessert
"I made this when we had some friends over this weekend. Everyone loved it! It was light and delicious!"
"This is a wonderful dessert. I fixed it for a dinner with our neighbors and everyone raved about it. It is light yet tasty. I used fat free half and half and the entire package of 8 oz. low fat cream cheese and you could not tell that it was lower fat. Absolutely delicious. I will be making this dessert again and again. I highly recommend it as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home."
"This is good- actually so rich you almost need to have a cup of coffee with it."
"This dessert was great! I used sugar free Hershey syrup and sugar free cool whip and it was very good!! It was wonderful when I put extra cool whip and bananas on top!!!"
"Great summer dessert and easy to make"