Although this dessert has a light and airy texture, the flavor is undeniably rich. Purchase a prepared angel food cake or, if time allows, bake one from scratch or a boxed mix.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips, divided
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Arrange cake cubes in an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of toffee bits; sprinkle remaining toffee bits over chocolate. Spread cream cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cover and chill until serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Angel Toffee Dessert in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p9
Reviews for Angel Toffee Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review