- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional white or colored sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Sift together flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt. Add to creamed mixture; mix until blended. Shape into large marble-size balls. Dip half of ball into water, then in sugar. Place, sugared side up, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until done. Cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Angel Sugar Crisps
Sort By :
These were very good - followed recipe.
I must have done something wrong. I make a lot of cookies, and I found these dull.
Did not crack at all, just flattened and browned unevenly. Oh well.
These are delicious; I've made three batches in two weeks. The last batch, I added a tsp of almond extract and only 1/2 tsp of vanilla. My family loved them
Yum! I was looking for a simple soft sugar cookie...this is it! As others, I did not dip in water. I used Florida Crystals for dipping which gave the cookies just a touch of sparkle. Can't wait to share them!
Awesome cookies!! Next time I will try dipping them in a sugar/cinnamon mix. Thank you for sharing.