- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional white or colored sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Sift together flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt. Add to creamed mixture; mix until blended. Shape into large marble-size balls. Dip half of ball into water, then in sugar. Place, sugared side up, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until done. Cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Angel Sugar Crisps
Sort By :
"Giving this recipe 3 stars because it's not the original. You must add chopped walnuts...my mom used to make these when I was little and I have been making these for forever myself, but always with walnuts because they are just not same without them and leave out the almond extract doubling the vanilla. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes...childhood favorite!"
"Has anyone tried freezing this cookie? I'd like to get a head start on my Christmas baking and thought these dipped in colored sugar would be pretty."
"These were very good - followed recipe."
"I must have done something wrong. I make a lot of cookies, and I found these dull.Did not crack at all, just flattened and browned unevenly. Oh well."
"These are delicious; I've made three batches in two weeks. The last batch, I added a tsp of almond extract and only 1/2 tsp of vanilla. My family loved them"