Angel Sugar Crisps
Whenever I've taken these to church coffees, I've had women come into the kitchen and request the recipe. You'll enjoy this sugar cookie's secret ingredient—brown sugar! —Annabel Cox, Olivet, South Dakota
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional white or colored sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla until
- light and fluffy. Sift together flour, soda, cream of tartar and
- salt. Add to creamed mixture; mix until blended. Shape into large
- marble-size balls. Dip half of ball into water, then in sugar.
- Place, sugared side up, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400°
- for 6 minutes or until done. Cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 161 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.