- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Cut half of the strawberries into quarters; fold into glaze.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 4-qt. clear glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, glaze and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Angel Strawberry Dessert
"My family loved this. Will make it again, very good."
"Very easy to make and delicious! Unfortunately only 2 of us to eat it when I read serves 16!Does someone know if I can freeze it?"
"I give this 5 stars for being relatively easy to prepare and tasting so delightfully good...I took two bowls of this to a church function and they were wiped clean. very closely resembles strawberry shortcake, how can you possibly go wrong with that...Definitely a keeper!"
"This was very good. I will definitely be making it again."
"this is a must try... soooo gooood"
"Melt in your mouth DELICIOUS! The taste buds loved this dessert big time. The only change I made was to use fresh raspberries and raspberry gelatine as that's what I had on hand. A keeper for sure and will definitely make it again and again!"
"This is delicious and I'll be making it again. I used raspberries and raspberry gelatin and substituted whipped cream for the whipped topping, after which success I won't hesitate to try other fruits as well. Next time I'll try leaving out the sweetened condensed milk or using half as much. Never thought I'd say it, but the milk makes it almost TOO rich and sweet! Nevertheless this is a recipe I'd pass on to friends."
"This recipe has been requested the past 3 years for Christmas! It's delicious!!! I actually started switching out the angel food cake for pound cake. Even better!!!"