Angel Strawberry Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Cut half of the strawberries into quarters; fold into glaze.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. In a 4-qt. clear glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, glaze and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving: 344 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Angel Strawberry Dessert
"My family loved this. Will make it again, very good."
"Very easy to make and delicious! Unfortunately only 2 of us to eat it when I read serves 16!Does someone know if I can freeze it?"
"I give this 5 stars for being relatively easy to prepare and tasting so delightfully good...I took two bowls of this to a church function and they were wiped clean. very closely resembles strawberry shortcake, how can you possibly go wrong with that...Definitely a keeper!"
"This was very good. I will definitely be making it again."
"this is a must try... soooo gooood"
"Melt in your mouth DELICIOUS! The taste buds loved this dessert big time. The only change I made was to use fresh raspberries and raspberry gelatine as that's what I had on hand. A keeper for sure and will definitely make it again and again!"
"This is delicious and I'll be making it again. I used raspberries and raspberry gelatin and substituted whipped cream for the whipped topping, after which success I won't hesitate to try other fruits as well. Next time I'll try leaving out the sweetened condensed milk or using half as much. Never thought I'd say it, but the milk makes it almost TOO rich and sweet! Nevertheless this is a recipe I'd pass on to friends."
"This recipe has been requested the past 3 years for Christmas! It's delicious!!! I actually started switching out the angel food cake for pound cake. Even better!!!"
"OMG! This is ABSOLUTELY the best dessert I have EVER had! I fixed one for Thanksgiving and it was completely gone even before anyone had sat down to eat dinner. I actually had to make another one a few days later because I was craving it so bad! Awesomely awesome..that's really all I can say."
"This is an amazing dessert. Extremely easy to make and a beautiful presentation. I also add blueberries to the recipe. There is never a drop remaining."
"very good and light. it was easy to make"
"I made this the night before. It was so tasty looking my family was drooling in anticipation. They gobbled it up. Will definately be making again."
"Everyone loved it -- makes a lot"
"very very good! love the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped topping...tastes great on its own!"
"I have made this twice now and everyone loves it. My brother has requested that I make it again for Christmas. You can not go wrong with this dessert! It does make a LOT so make sure you are feeding a crowd or plan on eating it for a few days."
"Great and very light tasting! I used confectioner sugar to sweeten the frosting versus the condensed milk and added blueberries and strawberries to glaze and top for 4th of July. Everyone loved it!"
"I used raspberries for a potluck at work, it was wonderful.Can't wait to try it with other fruits and gelatins."
"Oh my goodness! I made this tonight.I am going to serve it Saturday when my card group meet. I did taste the cream cheese mixture and it was good. I can not waite to eat it once it had time to set up.I used banana/strawberry gelatin since I had it here. With this recipe, you can use any kind of fruit and get gelatin to go along with it. I want to do a fresh peach when they are in season. This is a KEEPER! Thanks to who ever sent this in."