This is a wonderful dessert for spring and summer, when fresh strawberries are readily available. Every time I make this pretty dessert, someone asks for the recipe. —Theresa Mathis, Tucker, Georgia
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Cut half of the strawberries into quarters; fold into glaze.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 4-qt. clear glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, glaze and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Angel Dessert in Country Extra May 2006, p49
Reviews for Angel Strawberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review