Angel Rolls Recipe
"Delight family and friends with these soft tender yeast rolls that are done in a jiffy, thanks to quick-rise yeast," suggests Debbie Graber of Eureka, Nevada. "My family especially likes them with sausage gravy," she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 15 min. YIELD:14 servings
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Melted butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In a small saucepan, heat the buttermilk, oil and water to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 14 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC