Angel Rolls Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Melted butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In a small saucepan, heat the buttermilk, oil and water to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 14 rolls.
1 each: 184 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Angel Rolls
"These taste amazing, and PLUS they hardly take any time to rise!! So easy, but so TASTY:) Thanks so much for contributing this! I use butter instead of canola oil, and it turns out fine:)"
"These have an excellent taste and texture and are so quick to whip up! The only way that I veered from the recipe was to warm the liquid mixture in the microwave (45-50 seconds on high) instead of on the stovetop."
"Great flavor. I did not hve canola oil I used 1/2 vegetable and 1/2 olive oil (it was what Ihad). I made the dogh in my bread machine. I let it do the mixing and the rising. I left it in the machine for about 1 hour. Then rolled it out, cut and baked."