Angel Peach Melba Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 10 slices
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 2-1/2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; set aside. Place cake slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the center of each slice. Remove cutouts and set aside.
- 2. Place cake slices in individual bowls; place a peach half, cut side up, in each hole. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt and reserved cake cutouts. Drizzle with raspberry mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 177 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Angel Peach Melba
"This was absolutely marvelous, very easy to make, and greatly impressed the future mother-in-law too! :D"
"I cubed the angel food cake the second time I made this. It was much easier to eat."