Angel Peach Melba Recipe
Store-bought angel food cake, canned peaches, frozen yogurt and raspberries combine to make a sweet, summery dessert in just minutes. This easy recipe from Janice Prytz in Murrieta, California is a keeper all year-round!
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 10 slices
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 2-1/2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; set aside. Place cake slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the center of each slice. Remove cutouts and set aside.
- 2. Place cake slices in individual bowls; place a peach half, cut side up, in each hole. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt and reserved cake cutouts. Drizzle with raspberry mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Angel Peach Melba
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC