Store-bought angel food cake, canned peaches, frozen yogurt and raspberries combine to make a sweet, summery dessert in just minutes. This easy recipe from Janice Prytz in Murrieta, California is a keeper all year-round!
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 10 slices
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 2-1/2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; set aside. Place cake slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the center of each slice. Remove cutouts and set aside.
- Place cake slices in individual bowls; place a peach half, cut side up, in each hole. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt and reserved cake cutouts. Drizzle with raspberry mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Angel Peach Melba in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p25
Reviews for Angel Peach Melba
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2009
"This was absolutely marvelous, very easy to make, and greatly impressed the future mother-in-law too! :D"
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2008
"I cubed the angel food cake the second time I made this. It was much easier to eat."