Angel Peach Melba Recipe
Store-bought angel food cake, canned peaches, frozen yogurt and raspberries combine to make a sweet, summery dessert in just minutes. This easy recipe from Janice Prytz in Murrieta, California is a keeper all year-round!
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 10 slices
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 2-1/2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; set aside. Place cake slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the center of each slice. Remove cutouts and set aside.
- Place cake slices in individual bowls; place a peach half, cut side up, in each hole. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt and reserved cake cutouts. Drizzle with raspberry mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Angel Peach Melba in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p25
Reviews for Angel Peach Melba(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >
- Quick Desserts >
- Quick Recipes >