- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water and extract on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl; beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Fold in the coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove paper with cookies to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Angel Macaroons(14)
Sort By :
I have made these 5 times so far. They have been a big hit!! I did decrease the almond extract to 3/4 tsp. I add an extra 1/2 cup of coconut. Sometimes I add chocolate chips, sometimes I add toasted almonds. So far, the chocolate chip ones have been the favorite. Love this super easy recipe!!
WOW!! if you like almond flavoring, this one is for you. I decided to use about 3/4 t. of almond flavoring instead of the 1 1/2 t. because I thought it sounded like too much. Just the small bit I put in is VERY strong and not good. I will try them again because I will only try 1/4 t. or try some vanilla.
I made these for my dad who is going through chemotherapy and it was a hit, calms his stomach. A friend referred me to them, these are not what you would expect a cookie to be, but still good!
Just wanted to know if you could add chocolate to this??
I have a family member who has a nut allergy, can the almond extract be substituted with another?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Macaroons >
- Quick Desserts >