"These chewy coconut cookies start with a boxed angel food cake mix," explains Renee Schwebach of Dumont, Minnesota.
60 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water and extract on low speed
- for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl; beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Fold
- in the coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined
- baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Remove paper with cookies to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5