- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water and extract on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl; beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Fold in the coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove paper with cookies to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Angel Macaroons
"Love this recipe - and the cookies are always gobbled up where ever I take them!"
"Making these today, they flattened out. Also I baked them on wax paper, big mess, I had to peel them off and the paper stuck to the cookies. I think it meant to use parchment paper. Otherwise I added chocolate chips and almonds and finished off the other half of the batter and put. Them on a plane cookie sheet and they turned out better. However still hard to remove from the pan. Still delicious..I wonder what I did wrong that they flattened out so much?"
"Made these this afternoon.. Excellent.."
"WOW!! if you like almond flavoring, this one is for you. I decided to use about 3/4 t. of almond flavoring instead of the 1 1/2 t. because I thought it sounded like too much. Just the small bit I put in is VERY strong and not good. I will try them again because I will only try 1/4 t. or try some vanilla."
"I made these for my dad who is going through chemotherapy and it was a hit, calms his stomach. A friend referred me to them, these are not what you would expect a cookie to be, but still good!"
"Just wanted to know if you could add chocolate to this??"
"I have a family member who has a nut allergy, can the almond extract be substituted with another?"
"These are so easy to make and everyone I shared them with loved them. I used only 1 teaspoon of almond extract and it was enough. Next time I will try with almond liq."
"I have been making these a lot this past week they are just going so fast.. I used a couple brands of the Angel food cake just to see the difference in between the both of them . You didn't mention the brand that you used on your recipe so I give those a taste test of my own ."