Angel Hair with Walnuts
“I worked in an Italian restaurant that served pasta with olive oil, garlic and a sprinkling of walnuts. I enjoyed the medley so much that I developed this recipe for an important dinner—and it was a hit,” writes Nancy Beckman from Helena, Montana.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the walnuts,
- pepper flakes and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until walnuts are
- Remove from the heat; stir in parsley. Drain pasta; add to skillet.
- Add cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.