Nutmeg and cherries are the new "it" pair. It’s the secret something that really makes the dish. My vegetarian friend likes it just as well without chicken. —Mary Ann Sander, Centralia, Missouri
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in spinach and cherries; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water. Place pasta in a large bowl; sprinkle with nutmeg and toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten pasta. Serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Angel Hair with Chicken & Cherries in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014, p2-5
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Angel Hair with Chicken & Cherries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review