Angel Hair Pesto Recipe
Add crusty bread and a salad to this easy pasta dish to make a complete meal in mere minutes. "The creamy sauce with fresh tomatoes and basil is a pleasant change from traditional tomato-based sauces," writes Irene Smoliga of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, for pesto, in a blender, combine the oil, cream cheese, garlic and basil; cover and process until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with tomatoes and pesto; sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Pasta in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p11
Reviews for Angel Hair Pesto(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >