Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds tuna steaks
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomato puree, wine, basil, pepper flakes and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- 2. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tuna over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- 3. Flake tuna into large chunks; add to sauce. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 450 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.