Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds tuna steaks
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomato puree, wine, basil, pepper flakes and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- 2. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tuna over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- 3. Flake tuna into large chunks; add to sauce. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 450 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna
"quick and easy and delicious!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.