- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds tuna steaks
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomato puree, wine, basil, pepper flakes and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tuna over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- Flake tuna into large chunks; add to sauce. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Top with sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2012
"quick and easy and delicious!"