Angel Hair Pasta with Sausage & Spinach Recipe
- 4 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2. Gradually add spinach. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until pasta is tender and spinach is wilted. In a small bowl, combine the flour, pepper and cream until smooth; gradually stir into pasta mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC