Angel Hair Pasta with Lobster Recipe
- 2 lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Carefully remove lobster meat from shells; cut into 1-in. pieces and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until for 1 minute. Add the wine, tomato puree, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat. Stir in lobster; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until lobster is firm and opaque.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; add to lobster mixture and toss to coat. Stir in the arugula, lemon juice and peel; cook for 1-2 minutes or until arugula is wilted. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 290 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.