Angel Hair Pasta with Lobster Recipe
- 2 lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Carefully remove lobster meat from shells; cut into 1-in. pieces and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until for 1 minute. Add the wine, tomato puree, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat. Stir in lobster; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until lobster is firm and opaque.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; add to lobster mixture and toss to coat. Stir in the arugula, lemon juice and peel; cook for 1-2 minutes or until arugula is wilted. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 290 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Lobster
"This was horrible! Way too much lemon. We ate a small amount and then just threw it out. What a waste of good lobster."
"Excellent, I added more arugula, red pepper flakes and most importantly some pasta water to extend the sauce. yum!!"
"I used cooking Sherry instead of white wine and tomato paste instead of tomato puree simply because that is what I had on hand. It was excellent!"