Angel Hair Pasta with Garden Vegetables Recipe
More Pasta Recipes »
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow, red or green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, yellow pepper, basil and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and salt until smooth; gradually stir into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce is thickened.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Drain pasta; divide among four plates. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 cups) equals 333 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Garden Vegetables
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.