More Pasta Recipes »
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow, red or green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, yellow pepper, basil and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and salt until smooth; gradually stir into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce is thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Drain pasta; divide among four plates. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Garden Vegetables
"I thought this was great!! I added some pickled garlic cloves along with the juice just before serving, gave it excellent flavor."
"I really like this recipe. I will make it again."
"I joined this site just to pass on the information that this dish is not good AT ALL! There is no taste and the proportions are all wrong. There is no way that anyone actually ever made this recipe. This must have been thrown together to fill the site for recipes or something because this is not a dish that you would ever make on purpose. Awful waste of time."
"This was delicious. My husband, a picky eater, really enjoyed it. I added other vegetables I had on hand to add variety."
"How to do determine that 714 mg of sodium in one portion is health?50% of americans should have no more than 1500 mg of sodium per day. I think you need to rework your recipies!"
"My family said do not make this again. The cornstarch broth misture was very tasteless. It definitely did not provide enought moisture to be served on the pasta.The vegetables were tasty and I definitely would saute vegetables in the basil oil combination again."
"Very nutritious, very delicious! I also added diced chicken."
"Light and very tasty. A favorite."