Angel Hair Pasta with Garden Vegetables Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow, red or green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, yellow pepper, basil and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and salt until smooth; gradually stir into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce is thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Drain pasta; divide among four plates. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Garden Vegetables(10)
Sort By :
Easy and fairly healthy. A great way to get more veggies in your diet. We enjoyed this dish.
I really like this recipe. I will make it again.
I joined this site just to pass on the information that this dish is not good AT ALL! There is no taste and the proportions are all wrong. There is no way that anyone actually ever made this recipe. This must have been thrown together to fill the site for recipes or something because this is not a dish that you would ever make on purpose. Awful waste of time.
This was delicious. My husband, a picky eater, really enjoyed it. I added other vegetables I had on hand to add variety.
How to do determine that 714 mg of sodium in one portion is health?
50% of americans should have no more than 1500 mg of sodium per day. I think you need to rework your recipies!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >