- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook carrots in remaining oil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the chicken, broth, cheese, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
Sort By :
"This sounds like a nice 'basic' recipe, but I'll definitely 'tweak' it to our liking. I'll substitute the carrots for a large red bell pepper, and I'll use whole wheat pasta. I'm not sure how well basil will taste with chicken (since there are no tomatoes in this recipe), so I'll use a bit of rosemary & sage, instead. It also needs a little cracked pepper (white or black). I'll top the dish off with some finely chopped (fresh) Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, which I'll sprinkle over the cheese."
"Excellent! The whole family loved it!"
"This was easy to prepare and very tasty."
"I made this for myself when my husband was working out of town. Very easy and tasty! Loved it and will make it again......maybe when the hubby is around, lol! Might keep it just for me!!"