- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook carrots in remaining oil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the chicken, broth, cheese, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
"The flavor was great but I wish there was something to hold the pasta together. The liquid in the chicken was just soaked up by the pasta. I'd like something a little creamier. Will adapt this next time"
"This was quick, easy, and only required a handful of ingredients. It was also delicious!"
"Try with roasted chicken from grocery. I'm going to also try with herb roasted."
"Delicious and easy. Not bland at all. I wish it had just a few more veggies. Next time I might add mushrooms in addition to the carrots and broccoli."