If you want to put something on the table that’ll give you time to spare on busy nights, give this delicious dish a try. From start to finish, you’re only 20 minutes away from a vibrantly colored, all-in-one meal. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook carrots in remaining oil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the chicken, broth, cheese, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review