Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook carrots in remaining oil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the chicken, broth, cheese, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken(14)
Sort By :
LOVED this. Made it for the first time tonight...no changes except I forgot the garlic at the store so used garlic powder instead. Doubled everything. I was surprised...it was GREAT! I threw in a splash of lemon in my bowl too. :) So good! I also used frozen broccoli. Biggest critic...my husband...who hates anything pasta LOVED it too!!!!
We really liked this recipe and that's saying a lot considering my husband doesn't normally like pasta dishes. I left the carrots out since my husband doesn't like them.
Woops I meant to say I used parsley in place of the basil.
This was delicious. I made just a few changes because I did not have all the ingredients. I used thin slices of lean pork in place of the chicken and I used parsley in place of the chives. Everything else stood the same and my family loved it. Even my finicky 7 year old. Will definitely make this dish again. Maybe with a penne in place of angel hair pasta though.
This was a nice and refreshing meal for Springtime.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >