Angel Hair Pasta Salad Recipe
This is a refreshing salad that keeps a summer kitchen cool. It's a tasty way to get my family to eat their vegetables.—Janette Garner, Carmel, Indiana
- 1 package (7 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 121 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC