Your family won't believe that this tasty dish takes less than 30 minutes to make. —Sue Megonigle
- 8 to 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until lightly browned. Stir in the flour, cornstarch, garlic salt, pepper and basil until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat;whisk in cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until smooth. Add ham if desired; heat through. Drain pasta; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Angel Hair Alfredo in Country Woman July/August 2002, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Angel Hair Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review