- 8 to 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until lightly browned. Stir in the flour, cornstarch, garlic salt, pepper and basil until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat;whisk in cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until smooth. Add ham if desired; heat through. Drain pasta; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Angel Hair Alfredo
Sort By :
Sauce too thick, but would make again with more milk. Also, I think this would be really good with fresh basil
Did not enjoy!
Very easy and tasty. I made it with lowfat cream cheese and 1% milk.
I think omitting the cornstarch would make the sauce a little less think and better with the pasta. It was good just a little too thick. Everyone liked it but thought it wasn't saucy enough.
I thought the sauce was too thick and lacked flavor, even with the ham. Perhaps more spices and a bit more milk would help this recipe, but I will not make it again.