Angel Food with Caramel Fluff
My mother received this recipe from her neighbor, who made the most glorious angel food cake. It's a dessert that always impresses guests.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, brown sugar and vanilla just until
- blended. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Beat until stiff
- peaks form.
- Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; spread with some of the whipped cream mixture.
- Repeat. Top with remaining layer. Frost top and sides of cake with
- remaining whipped cream mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 215 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.