Angel Food with Caramel Fluff Recipe
My mother received this recipe from her neighbor, who made the most glorious angel food cake. It's a dessert that always impresses guests.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream, brown sugar and vanilla just until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with some of the whipped cream mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped cream mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice equals 215 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Angel Food with Caramel Fluff
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC