My mother received this recipe from her neighbor, who made the most glorious angel food cake. It's a dessert that always impresses guests.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, brown sugar and vanilla just until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with some of the whipped cream mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped cream mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Angel Food with Caramel Fluff in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p78
Reviews for Angel Food with Caramel Fluff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review