A creamy ricotta-vanilla "custard" cuts calories and boosts calcium in this light take on an English classic. —Merwyn Garbini, Tucson, Arizona
- 2 cups fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a blender, combine yogurt and ricotta cheese; cover and process until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries and strawberries. Place half the cake cubes in a 2-qt. glass bowl. Layer with 1 cup berries and half the yogurt mixture. Top with remaining cake cubes, 3/4 cup berries and the remaining yogurt mixture. Garnish with remaining berries. Top with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Angel Food Trifle in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p32
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Angel Food Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review