Angel Food Torte
By using different food coloring and fresh fruits, I have fun "dressing" this dessert for various occasions throughout the year. It's a great way to get the kids involved in kitchen duty.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
- Slice cake into thirds horizontally. Spread each layer with topping
- and 1 cup fruit. Assemble layers and pipe with remaining topping.
- Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.