- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- Sugar or sugar substitute to taste, optional
- Cut the cake in half; tear one half into small pieces and set aside. Cut the other half into 12-14 thin slices; arrange in the bottom of a waxed paper-lined 13-in. x 9-in. dish, overlapping as needed.
- Spread softened ice cream over cake, pressing down to smooth. Gently press the small cake pieces into ice cream. Cover and freeze. Just before serving, slice strawberries and sweeten to taste. Cut dessert into squares and top with strawberries. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Angel Food Ice Cream Cake in Country June/July 1994, p51
Reviews for Angel Food Ice Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 22, 2012
"We enjoyed this and thought it was a perfect texture. We added strawberries and blueberries without sugar and everyone enjoyed it. Thank you!"