Angel Food Dream Recipe
No one can resist a slice of this dreamy dessert. If you'd like a switch from the strawberry filling, try blackberries, blueberries or even peaches. And, when I serve this cake on a holiday, I've been known to put food coloring in the topping—green works well for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day.—Leah Carrell, Quitman, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- 1. Drain strawberries, reserving 1/3 cup of syrup. Split cake horizontally into two layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spoon strawberries over bottom layer; spread with 3-1/4 cups whipped topping. Replace top layer. Drizzle with reserved syrup. Garnish with remaining whipped topping, and strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC