Angel Food Dream
No one can resist a slice of this dreamy dessert. If you'd like a switch from the strawberry filling, try blackberries, blueberries or even peaches. And, when I serve this cake on a holiday, I've been known to put food coloring in the topping—green works well for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day.—Leah Carrell, Quitman, Texas
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- Drain strawberries, reserving 1/3 cup of syrup. Split cake
- horizontally into two layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate.
- Spoon strawberries over bottom layer; spread with 3-1/4 cups whipped
- topping. Replace top layer. Drizzle with reserved syrup. Garnish
- with remaining whipped topping, and strawberries and mint if
- desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.