Angel Food Dream Recipe
No one can resist a slice of this dreamy dessert. If you'd like a switch from the strawberry filling, try blackberries, blueberries or even peaches. And, when I serve this cake on a holiday, I've been known to put food coloring in the topping—green works well for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day.—Leah Carrell, Quitman, Texas
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- Drain strawberries, reserving 1/3 cup of syrup. Split cake horizontally into two layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spoon strawberries over bottom layer; spread with 3-1/4 cups whipped topping. Replace top layer. Drizzle with reserved syrup. Garnish with remaining whipped topping, and strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Angel Food Dream in Country Woman July/August 1997, p37
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Angel Food Dream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review