- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chocolate fudge sauce
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, fold whipped topping into chocolate sauce just until blended. Split cake horizontally into three layers; place one layer on a serving plate. Spread with a fourth of the topping mixture and a fourth of the toffee bits. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Frost the top and sides with remaining topping mixture; sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Angel Food Delight
Sort By :
"Very tasty! I followed the recipe as is. As for cutting it, I found the following tip a while ago and gave it a try: To evenly cut layers in a cake, place toothpicks evenly around cake. I put about 8 toothpicks 2 inches from the bottom of the cake and another 8 toothpicks 2 inches above those. I then rested my knife on the toothpicks and let them guide the knife. My layers were nearly perfect and it was so simple."
"Instead of the chocolate fudge sauce and the English Toffee bits, I used a jar of Apple Cinnamon fudge sauce and chopped pecans. Also prepare the angel food cake mix - rather than the already made one."
"i cant get the cake to cut evenly and make it look neat but otherwise it is good."