Angel Food Christmas Candy Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 300° (hard-crack stage) on a candy thermometer. Do not overcook.
- 2. Remove from the heat and quickly stir in baking soda. Pour into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Do not spread candy; mixture will not fill pan.
- 3. When cool, break into bite-size pieces. Dip into melted chocolate; place on waxed paper until the chocolate is firm. Store candy tightly covered. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
2 piece: 337 calories, 11g fat (10g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Angel Food Christmas Candy
"Awesome recipe, plus its cheap to make & I always have the ingredients on hand!"
"About how long did you have to cook this?"
"So many people on my xmas list love these than I could not dream of not making them every year. Lucky for me they are very easy to make. I have found it helpful to sift my baking soda thru a small sieve before adding so that it mixes in smoothly."
"This is my absolutely favorite Christmas time candy!! I have to buy it because I didn't have a recipe! I am so excited to make it! Thanks for sharing!!"