Angel Food Christmas Candy Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 300° (hard-crack stage) on a candy thermometer. Do not overcook.
- 2. Remove from the heat and quickly stir in baking soda. Pour into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Do not spread candy; mixture will not fill pan.
- 3. When cool, break into bite-size pieces. Dip into melted chocolate; place on waxed paper until the chocolate is firm. Store candy tightly covered. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
2 pieces: 337 calories, 11g fat (10g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Angel Food Christmas Candy
"Awesome recipe, plus its cheap to make & I always have the ingredients on hand!"
"About how long did you have to cook this?"
"So many people on my xmas list love these than I could not dream of not making them every year. Lucky for me they are very easy to make. I have found it helpful to sift my baking soda thru a small sieve before adding so that it mixes in smoothly."
"This is my absolutely favorite Christmas time candy!! I have to buy it because I didn't have a recipe! I am so excited to make it! Thanks for sharing!!"