Angel Food Candy
Dipped in both white and dark chocolate, this two-toned candy really stands out on the goody tray. A batch is a tasty gift as well.
12 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + standing Cook: 45 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, melted
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with butter; set aside. In a large heavy
- saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cook, without stirring,
- until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda. Pour into prepared pan but
- do not spread; cool. Break into pieces.
- Dip each candy halfway into white candy coating; allow excess to drip
- off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set. Dip plain
- half of candies into dark chocolate coating; allow excess to drip
- off. Return to waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 2 ounces equals 343 calories, 11 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.