Angel Food Cake with Fruit
“I get so many compliments on this dish, and it’s so simple to make,” says Jennifer Drake of Evans, Georgia. Fruit and peach pie filling create a lovely sauce for angel food cake—in just 10 minutes!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained or 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 8 slices
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, strawberries, oranges and
- apples. Fold in bananas. Spoon a heaping 1/2 cupful over each slice
- of cake. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 231 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now