- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, about 2
- tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form
- and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2
- cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the
- batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven
- rack at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until lightly browned and
- entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely,
- about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a
- serving plate. Brush top and sides of cake with vodka. Combine
- cornstarch and water; set aside.
- For sauce: In a small saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups raspberries, 1 cup
- blueberries, pineapple juice and liqueur. Bring to a boil. Stir
- cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the strawberries, blackberries and
- remaining raspberries and blueberries. Serve sauce with cake.
- Yield: 16 servings (6 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 1/3 cup sauce equals 189 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.