Angel Food Cake Roll Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Prepare cake according to package directions.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up jelly-roll style in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up. Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Angel Food Cake Roll(35)
Sort By :
This is a GREAT Recipe would definitely make this again and again easy and delicious
This is delicious and lightand very simple to make . My friends raved about it. I will definatly make this again.E. Mast
Made this for a small group....Nothing left to take home !! I tweeked a bit...used banana cream pudding, added some cut up bananas and strawberry bits to the yougurt mix, along with an extra 4 oz of strawberry yogurt. Absolutely delicious! One note: In the future, for presentation, I would cut a thin slice off each end, to make it look even prettier. Otherwise, the filling does not butt up to the end of the cake roll, due to the way the filling is spread.
This was a slight challenge, but well worth it!
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >