There's always room for dessert-especially when it's this eye-catching frozen fare. "We like strawberry yogurt in the filling, but different flavors work well, too," suggests Joan Colbert. The make-ahead dessert is often requested at her Sigourney, Iowa home.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Prepare cake according to package directions.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up jelly-roll style in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up. Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Angel Food Cake Roll in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p43
Reviews for Angel Food Cake Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review