Angel Food Cake Roll Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 5 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Prepare cake according to package directions.
- 2. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up jelly-roll style in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- 5. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up. Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One slice equals 236 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 starch.