- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until top springs back when lightly touched, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a tea towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whisk together yogurt, pudding mix and, if desired, food coloring. Fold in whipped topping.
- Unroll cake; spread yogurt mixture over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towel. Cover tightly and freeze. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Angel Food Cake Roll
"I love this recipe! I find myself coming back to it over and over again. I love how simple it is to make what looks like a fancy dessert! Making it again tonight with strawberry cream filling."
"I used sugar free cheesecake pudding and added 1/4 c sugar free strawberry preserves for more flavor - Great! had to beat with stick mixer to get pudding creamier - I also used Greek yogurt for richer flavor - when I added pudding to yogurt it was so lumpy a hand wisk wouldn't cut it! Be ready to get mixer out or stick blender worked great"
"This is a GREAT Recipe would definitely make this again and again easy and delicious"
"This is delicious and lightand very simple to make . My friends raved about it. I will definatly make this again.E. Mast"
"Made this for a small group....Nothing left to take home !! I tweeked a bit...used banana cream pudding, added some cut up bananas and strawberry bits to the yougurt mix, along with an extra 4 oz of strawberry yogurt. Absolutely delicious! One note: In the future, for presentation, I would cut a thin slice off each end, to make it look even prettier. Otherwise, the filling does not butt up to the end of the cake roll, due to the way the filling is spread."
"This was a slight challenge, but well worth it!"
"haven't made it yet but plan to looks so good."
"this was so incredibly easy but tasted like it had taken hours to prepare even if you never make a cake roll before, you can wow your family with this"
"My husband loves this dessert and children. Thank you for sharing. I did add half cup milk and puree 1cup fresh strawberries to filling."