Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups egg whites (about 10)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream and mixed fresh berries, optional
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift confectioners' sugar and flour together twice; set aside.
- Add the cream of tartar, extracts and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Angel Food Cake
Sort By :
"Very moist and tender!! Not rubbery like box mix angel food cakes"
"This was very tasty but it stuck to my pan."
"My sister made this cake for her birthday party, and honestly it was the best cake I ever tasted!"
"If I don't own a tube pan, can I just use a bunt pan?"
"This was the first time I made an angel food cake. Turned out great. Such a great recipe. So easy. It is a keeper"