Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups egg whites (about 10)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift confectioners' sugar and flour together twice; set aside.
- Add the cream of tartar, extracts and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Angel Food Cake(6)
Sort By :
My sister made this cake for her birthday party, and honestly it was the best cake I ever tasted!
If I don't own a tube pan, can I just use a bunt pan?
This was the first time I made an angel food cake. Turned out great. Such a great recipe. So easy. It is a keeper
My family LOVED this and they are very picky. I try to make healthier foods and they want junk. This is a good compromise.
This was wonderful. I made it plain one time and I added 1.5 tsp. cinamon to the next recipe. This was very, very good. I made my own caramel apple glaze and put homemade whip cream as a topper. Everyone absolutely loved it and they want it again! Last recipe I used tasted very eggy, this one was anything but! Absolutely love it!