Angel Cake Ball Pops Recipe
Turn a cake mix into an adorable treat that will draw smiles of delight from kids and adults. The compliments you'll receive from these heavenly angels will have you flying high.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 pound pink candy coating disks
- 2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Gold, silver or clear edible glitter
- Black and red food writing pens
- 36 lollipop sticks
- 36 white chocolate-covered miniature pretzels
- Styrofoam block
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, oil and vanilla extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. square baking pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar and vanilla seeds. Add enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Tint 1/3 cup frosting yellow; cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Wrap one cake tightly and freeze for up to 1 month for Petite Pineapple Coconut Cakes. Crumble remaining cake layer into a large bowl. Add remaining frosting; mix well.
- 5. Shape into thirty-six 1/2-in. and 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze for at least 3 hours or until firm.
- 6. In a microwave, melt pink candy coating disks; stir until smooth. Dip small balls into coating, allowing excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets. Melt white candy coating. Dip large balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with glitter. Return to baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- 7. In a small bowl, beat yellow frosting and remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth. Pipe onto pink balls for hair. Draw faces with food writing pens. Dip one end of a lollipop stick into melted coating and insert into a white cake ball, pushing it no more than halfway through. Attach a pink ball with melted candy coating.
- 8. Using candy coating, attach a pretzel for wings. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cake ball pop: 268 calories, 13g fat (10g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Angel Cake Ball Pops
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC