Angel Berry Tunnel Cake Recipe
"This tasty cake is a light favorite for summer," jots Ruth Marie Lyons. To save time, the Boulder, Colorado cook relies on a purchased angel food cake and frozen whipped topping.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 cups whipped topping
- Additional berries, optional
- 1. With a serrated knife, slice off the top 1/2 in. of the cake; set aside. Cut a tunnel about 2 in. deep in the cake, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Remove cake from tunnel; cut into 1-in. cubes.
- 2. Combine cake cubes, berries and half of the whipped topping; spoon into tunnel. Replace cake top.
- 3. Frost with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with berries if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC