"This tasty cake is a light favorite for summer," jots Ruth Marie Lyons. To save time, the Boulder, Colorado cook relies on a purchased angel food cake and frozen whipped topping.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 cups whipped topping
- Additional berries, optional
- With a serrated knife, slice off the top 1/2 in. of the cake; set aside. Cut a tunnel about 2 in. deep in the cake, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Remove cake from tunnel; cut into 1-in. cubes.
- Combine cake cubes, berries and half of the whipped topping; spoon into tunnel. Replace cake top.
- Frost with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with berries if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Angel Berry Tunnel Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Angel Berry Tunnel Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review