- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 2 prepared angel food cakes (8 ounces each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes more. Meanwhile, beat yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture and 1 cup whipped topping.
- Place one-third of cake cubes in a 4-qt. trifle bowl. Top with one-third of pudding mixture, one-third of berries and half of remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cake, pudding and berries. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Angel Berry Trifle
"It was a hit at the party at work, today! But, one suggestion, double the recipe for all but the cake and fruit. I was finding the pudding blend and the whipped topping were sparse when I got to the top layer, so I ended up using a 2nd tub of Cool Whip at the top. Was still deeee-lish!"
"Have been making this for a while now and it is excellent. Very easy to prepare and a delicious finish to a casual dinner."
"A very easy, light and crowd-pleasing dessert!"
"Quick, easy and delicious!!!"
"All time favorite"
"I made this trifle for my husband's retirement party. Several guests watch their sugar and calorie intake so a light dessert was in order. I used fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries. My bowl would not accommodate all the layers but it was easy enough to adjust accordingly. There were two other desserts available but the trifle was completely cleaned out. What a delicious, light summer treat!"
"The angel berry trifle is absolutely delicious! We enjoyed it for the fourth of July and I was tempted to eat the whole bowl--but of course, I didn't. :)"
"This is my families go to dessert. It's easy and delicious. I have made this about 5 times now with all different types of berries and my family still loves it!"
"This was excellent and easy to put together. I changed some of the amounts of the ingredients, but a trifle is very forgiving. It was a hit at the party. Everyone wanted the recipe and a second helping!!!"