I usually serve this in summer when fresh berries are bountiful, but I recently prepared it with frozen cherries and light cherry pie filling instead. It was a delicious glimpse of summer-to-come! —Brenda Paine of North Syracuse, New York
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 prepared angel food cake (18 inches), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint each blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a large bowl, beat the yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture and 1 cup whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. trifle bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture, a third of the berries and half of the remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cake, pudding and berries. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Angel Berry Trifle in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p39
Reviews for Angel Berry Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review